Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hugues La Ricca <hu...@laricca.com> on 2003/03/07 19:55:27 UTC

Using Xerces in a Shared Library (plug-in)

Hi,
I have used Xerces-c on many occasions for some of our projects that
are standalone Applications (Mac OS and Windows).
Now, I need to use Xerces-C in a Plug-In type shared library (a
QuarkXPress XTension to be more exact). I first built all of my code in
a stand alone app and everything worked fine as I have come to expect
it. However, on the MacOS side (I have not yet tested windows), I get a
crash when I call the parse() member function from the XercesDOMParser
object.

I double checked to make sure I had all the required libs and also
checked all my codewarrior project settings.
The Quark XTension itself is basically a Shared Library project on mac
os.

Here is a quick description of our environment:
MacOs 9.x, CodeWarrior Pro 8...

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome...
Hugues La Ricca
BCompSc