Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Christian Ruediger <ch...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/29 11:16:58 UTC

Server Error: String index out of range: 255

Hello there,

i have this miracoulous error message as writen in the header.

I have implemented an Servlet which holds an instance of the XMLRPC-server.
The servlet is deployed to Tomcat 5.0.28 to the path
http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM

I have searched the internet, just to find another one who had this error.
It seems to be a server problem. I looked up the classes and the sourcecode
but didn't have immediate access to the reason.

Here is the Stacktrace:
Tried to connect to: http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
String index out of range: 255
java.io.IOException: String index out of range: 255
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)
	at gsmadaptateurs.OrangeGSMAdaptateur.demandePosition(OrangeGSMAdaptateur.java:94)
	at testgroupe1.GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.testAdaptateur(GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:421)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:305)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:186)

Re: RE : RE : Server Error: String index out of range: 255

Posted by Christian Ruediger <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you that did it.
Now acually it revealed to me that me servlet isn't responding correctly.
The client tried to process the standard HTML file and stumbled over
the nbsp letters.

Bye and thanx
Christian

Posted by Christian Ruediger <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

I'm afraid I missed something of importance:
The erroe seems to occur within the client. Seems to be an sax
problem:

Might be a Bug in XmlRpc?!

The Preceeding Errormessage from my test is:
commence test d'adaptateur!
Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: invalid
Character Entitiy
exécution de xmlrpc methode a déclenché un IO erreur :execute
Tried to connect to: http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
String index out of range: 255
java.io.IOException: String index out of range: 255
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)
	at gsmadaptateurs.OrangeGSMAdaptateur.demandePosition(OrangeGSMAdaptateur.java:100)
	at testgroupe1.GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.testAdaptateur(GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:421)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:305)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:186)
Finisait test d'adaptateur!

Posted by LANTRES Franck <fr...@fr.renault-sport-f1.com>.

Posted by Christian Ruediger <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by LANTRES Franck <fr...@fr.renault-sport-f1.com>.