Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/18 20:35:54 UTC

xorg driver problems

 Hi! Im using Guacamole for a few weeks now but I am experiencing some
troubles with the Xorg driver installation.
I am able to download the guacamole-server (xf86-video-guac branch). Then I
run *autoreconf -fi* in oder to get the *configure* file needed to run the
following command:

*./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/ --with-xorg*

After that, the following message is displayed:
*configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-xorg-module-dir*
As a result, the library status displays as follows:
     freerdp2 ............ yes
     pango ............... yes
*     xorg-server ......... no*
     libavcodec .......... yes
     libavformat.......... yes
     libavutil ........... yes
     libssh2 ............. yes
     libssl .............. yes
     libswscale .......... yes
     libtelnet ........... yes
     libVNCServer ........ yes
     libvorbis ........... yes
     libpulse ............ yes
     libwebsockets ....... yes
     libwebp ............. yes
     libxcb .............. yes
     libxcb-randr ........ no
     libxcb-xfixes ....... no
     wsock32 ............. no

   Protocol support:
      Kubernetes .... yes
      RDP ........... yes
      SSH ........... yes
      Telnet ........ yes
      VNC ........... yes

   Drivers:
*      X.Org (EXPERIMENTAL) .... no*

   Services / tools:
      guacd ...... yes
      guacenc .... yes
      guaclog .... yes
   FreeRDP plugins: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp2
   Init scripts: no
   Systemd units: no

Type "make" to compile guacamole-server.

Please, note that I have followed the instructions provided by Mike Jumper
in *https://www.mail-archive.com/user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org/msg01299.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org/msg01299.html>*
as well as *https://gist.github.com/jamhall/844c49515f76126b218a16043ef08952
<https://gist.github.com/jamhall/844c49515f76126b218a16043ef08952>*
I dont have a clue on what to do, since the configure file generated seems
to be the problem but I cannot find further info online
Thaaanks and best regards!

Re: xorg driver problems

Posted by Christopher Speck <di...@gmail.com>.
I’ve built the driver on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04. Maybe there are issues using Ubuntu 20? Give 18.04 a try and see if you still run into problems.

Christopher Speck

Re: xorg driver problems

Posted by Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: xorg driver problems

Posted by Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com>.

escribió:

> From the output it looks like it’s failing to find any of the necessary
> installed packages of xors-server to build against.
>
> On an ubuntu system these are the packages that I install in order to
> compile:
>
> - xorg
> - x11-utils
> - libxfont (I couldn’t get libxfont1 on ubuntu so I used libxfont2 but it
> requires changes in order to properly compile)
> - libxft2
> - libxrender1
> - libx11-xcb1
> - libxcb-randr0
> - libxcb-xfixes0
>
> AND also the -dev versions of these packages
> - xorg-dev
> - libxfont-dev
> - libxft-dev
> - libxrender-dev
> - libx11-xcb-dev
> - libxcb-randr0-dev
> - libxcb-xfixes0-dev
>
> The ./configure flags I use are
> ./configure —with-xorg —with-xcb —with-xcb-randr —with-xcb-xfixes
>
> I’m not sure if anything beyond —with-xorg is necessary as I think it gets
> picked up automatically, but I haven’t experimented with changing the.flags
> so I left it as-is.
>
> Christopher Speck
>

> On Aug 24, 2021, at 3:29 AM, Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi! Any updates on this? Many thanks! :D
>
> El vie, 20 ago 2021 a las 13:23, Paula Carboné (<ca...@gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Forgot to attach the file sorrryyyyy
>>
>> El vie, 20 ago 2021 a las 13:22, Paula Carboné (<
>> carbonemejias98@gmail.com>) escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Christopher! I have tried again and it keeps displaying the same. I
>>> attach you the output of the following command:
>>> ./configure --with-xorg
>>>
>>> The packages I have installed are:
>>> xserver-xorg-core
>>> xserver-xorg-dev