Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wagoner, Mark" <MW...@wild-flavors.com> on 2003/01/10 17:09:06 UTC

[OT] Charting Libraries

I am looking into the ability to add charting capabilities to our intranet
app and was wondering if anyone else has experience with any of the
available packages.

One of the requirements is, of course, that I can create the graphs in
Tomcat and send the results to a browser, and I would prefer something open
source.  This has narrowed my choices to jChart or JFreeChart.  Has anyone
worked with either of these?  Also, does anyone know of any I may have
missed?

Thanks for any info.

Re: [OT] Charting Libraries

Posted by Felipe Schnack <fe...@ritterdosreis.br>.
  Take a look at JFreeChart, fast and simple, I'm using it and I like...
  Well, JFreeChart generates java.awt.BufferedImages, so you can easily
write an Servlet that returns this directly to the client browser...
  Sorry, I don't remember the link to its homepage, but you know...
Google is our best fried :-)

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 14:09, Wagoner, Mark wrote:
> I am looking into the ability to add charting capabilities to our intranet
> app and was wondering if anyone else has experience with any of the
> available packages.
>
> One of the requirements is, of course, that I can create the graphs in
> Tomcat and send the results to a browser, and I would prefer something open
> source.  This has narrowed my choices to jChart or JFreeChart.  Has anyone
> worked with either of these?  Also, does anyone know of any I may have
> missed?
>
> Thanks for any info.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes@ritterdosreis.br
Cel.: (51)91287530
Linux Counter #281893

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter@ritterdosreis.br
Fone/Fax.: (51)32303341

RE: [OT] Charting Libraries

Posted by Jim Urban <ju...@parkcitysolutions.com>.
We have used jCharts (http://jcharts.sourceforge.net/). It's designed to
work in a servlet and JSP environment.  The doc even includes how to set up
the samples to run with Tomcat.  We are quite pleased with this package.
It's easy to use and the author was quick to resolve issues.

Jim