Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 02:27:35 UTC

Re: Resource locale problem

I have upgraded to the latest trunk and the problem still exists

On 30 Nov 2007, at 01:40, Johan Compagner wrote:

> What kind of resource is that?

I have simply used a <link> tag in the <head> and wicket is creating
the resource.  I can see that it is a PackageResource.

> Normally package resources reference default to the locale for which
> the resource is really loaded.

The Locale being passed to the LocaleResourceNameIterator is null and
that causes no locale variations to be looked for.

> Also if the is somehow a locale appended that isnt there then that
> shouldnt matter because the resource should fallback.

This does not happen when the locale is null

> So can you give us a little more sample code that you use?

There is no Java code - just the normal html link tag.

The first time a page is requested that includes the CSS file the
link has NO locale appended

e.g resources/styles.css

The next time the page is requested a local is appended

e.g resources/styles_en_US.css

But resources/styles_en_GB.css is not found

If I request the resource before a page is requested then resources/
styles_en_US.css is not found.

Cheers,

John

Re: Resource locale problem

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Can you make a jira issue with possible an unit test or quickstart