Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Forden, David Keith" <Da...@epiqus.com> on 2001/04/02 08:24:52 UTC

RE: Microsoft, IBM and SOAP

Oh we are doing that. What I was implying is that by using SOAP we
automatically (almost- apart from service routing) get two other protocols.

I am implementing a service router for JMS->HTTP and SMTP. This part of our
product will be implemented when we do a native JMS service router. The
first version we are going to release will only be a JMS->HTTP bridge at the
server side. This is mostly to allow development to go forward.We had to do
this due to the way that the current Apache SOAP implementation is written.
I need something out fast for the project.

I am looking at implementing service routing as a generic router object with
deployment descriptor attribute extensions (NextHopURI,NextHopURN etc. ).
This way we can safely proxy a service call via a number of servers both in
and out of private networks if necessary.

Sound cool ?

Dave