Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it> on 2006/09/01 10:08:46 UTC

Re: Confirmed but unidentified memory leak in RC2

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>if you are using the BayesianAnalysis mailet, keep in mind that the
>>in-memory corpus may slowly grow a little bit, checked mail after
>>checked mail. It is done on purpose to reduce the number of computations
>>of "degenerated tokens"
>>

>Should we look at using references to hold the in-memory corpus as a cache,
>and recreate if necessary?

Good idea, but I would cache only a new corpus HashMap containing only
the "dynamic" tokens, as the main corpus itself is used all the time and
is heavy to load, while the dynamic tokens can be built very fast and
their  "usefulness"  is  mostly  for  the  current  message. And because
of that, I would use a weak instead of a soft reference to such corpus.

I'll do it for 2.4 :-) .

Vincenzo