Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Geigl Maximilian, R235" <Ge...@akdb.de> on 2006/03/16 09:05:28 UTC

[DBMS] How to connect to Oracle RAC cluster?

Hello,

does anyone have experiences in connecting to a Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) from OJB.
We use Oracle 10g database server and JDBC driver 9.2 or 10.

I tried the following URL in the connection descriptor (in one line)

	dbalias="thin:@(DESCRIPTION =
	    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node1)(PORT = 1521))
	    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node2)(PORT = 1521))
	    (LOAD_BALANCE = yes)
	    (CONNECT_DATA =
	      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
	      (SERVICE_NAME = myService)
	    )
	  )

This seems to work, but i'm not sure if it works by chance or if it is the correct way to do it.
Will this actually do load ballancing? What about failover? Do i have to do other configurations (e.g.connection cache)?

I appreciate any suggestions or comments.
Thanks in advance.

Max