Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 13:07:36 UTC

trie fields and sortMissingLast

Should sortMissingLast param be working on trie-fields?

Re: tire fields and sortMissingLast

Posted by "harish.agarwal" <ha...@gmail.com>.
Is there a good opportunity to work on this issue right now?  I'd be happy to
do it, if you could provide some initial advice on how to attack the
problem.  Moving forward, I'd like to use Trie fields, but the lack of this
option is really holding me back...

Re: tire fields and sortMissingLast

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM, harish.agarwal
<ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious if there has been any progress on implementing sortMissingLast
> on TrieFields?

Not yet - that info is not available from the lucene FieldCache.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: tire fields and sortMissingLast

Posted by "harish.agarwal" <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should sortMissingLast param be working on trie-fields?

Eventually.  It's currently not supported though.  Here's the comment
from the example schema.xml:

    <!-- The optional sortMissingLast and sortMissingFirst attributes are
         currently supported on types that are sorted internally as strings.
               This includes
"string","boolean","sint","slong","sfloat","sdouble","pdate"
       - If sortMissingLast="true", then a sort on this field will
cause documents
         without the field to come after documents with the field,
         regardless of the requested sort order (asc or desc).
       - If sortMissingFirst="true", then a sort on this field will
cause documents
         without the field to come before documents with the field,
         regardless of the requested sort order.
       - If sortMissingLast="false" and sortMissingFirst="false" (the default),
         then default lucene sorting will be used which places docs without the
         field first in an ascending sort and last in a descending sort.
    -->

Re: trie fields and sortMissingLast

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Should sortMissingLast param be working on trie-fields?

Nope, trie fields do not support sortMissingFirst or sortMissingLast.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.