Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/01/12 10:47:38 UTC

Killed a bunch of undead Kaffe processes

Just as a heads-up.

I don't think there is a Kaffe build currently on the way, but my kill
-9 may be responsible for a single build failure if I'm wrong.  The
total number of kaffe-bin processes has been somewhere in the 20s.

The machine went down from a load average > 7 to about 2 after I
killed some processes who had collected more than thousand CPU
minutes.  At the same time Kaffe has let go of some TCP ports that the
commons-net tests use.

Stefan

Re: Kaffe fails to kill subprocesses (was Re: Killed a bunch of undead Kaffe processes)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Did you guys see
http://www.haystack.mit.edu/cgi-bin/millstone_viewcvs.cgi/prototypes/Modules/ProcessGroup/?

I don't mind a solution that does "ps -ef" and follows that with a
"os.kill" AND
kill -9" as is being done here in the code (at least we should use
that on Unix'es.)

-- dims

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.