Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2012/11/06 00:00:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.5

Hi Everyone,

I've deployed a 1.5 release candidate to pickup fixes and new features
since the 1.4 release.  This release features improvements like:

[APLO-30] - Support the Openwire Protocol
[APLO-262] - Documented OpenWire features
[APLO-177] - Add a UDP based protocol support to Apollo
[APLO-242] - Support STOMP frames over UDP
[APLO-232] - Add support for enforcing a message count based quota on queues
[APLO-239] - Aggregate connection-level messages (and bytes) metrics at
connector and broker level
[APLO-260] - Contribute the FuseSource MQTT impl to Apache and included as
part of the default Apollo distribution.
[APLO-261] - Support the 1.2 STOMP spec.
[APLO-163] - Auto tune the per-connection buffers (receive_buffer_size and
send_buffer_size)
[APLO-179] - Remove the list of connections from the toplevel REST URI
[APLO-200] - Support configuring protocol filters
[APLO-243] - Do not lower the maximum number of open files
[APLO-250] - add_user_header should prevent forging
[APLO-251] - Share a single queue for all consumers on topic configured
with slow_consumer_policy="queue"
[APLO-259] - Support Telnet clients that send '\r\n' character to terminate
a line

Full Changlog available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311310&version=12321266

The release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/

Source code distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.5/

Binary distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.5/

The build was tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-apollo/tags/apollo-project-1.5/

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.5/website/index.html

Please vote to approve this release

[ ] +1 Release Apache Apollo 1.5

As usual, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.5

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the thorough testing!  Please feel free to open an issue [1] for
the PeriodStat problem.  Perhaps we can figure out how to reduce the number
that we collect.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APLO

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

Posted by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.5

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've deployed a 1.5 release candidate to pickup fixes and new features
> since the 1.4 release.  This release features improvements like:
>
> [APLO-30] - Support the Openwire Protocol
> [APLO-262] - Documented OpenWire features
> [APLO-177] - Add a UDP based protocol support to Apollo
> [APLO-242] - Support STOMP frames over UDP
> [APLO-232] - Add support for enforcing a message count based quota on queues
> [APLO-239] - Aggregate connection-level messages (and bytes) metrics at
> connector and broker level
> [APLO-260] - Contribute the FuseSource MQTT impl to Apache and included as
> part of the default Apollo distribution.
> [APLO-261] - Support the 1.2 STOMP spec.
> [APLO-163] - Auto tune the per-connection buffers (receive_buffer_size and
> send_buffer_size)
> [APLO-179] - Remove the list of connections from the toplevel REST URI
> [APLO-200] - Support configuring protocol filters
> [APLO-243] - Do not lower the maximum number of open files
> [APLO-250] - add_user_header should prevent forging
> [APLO-251] - Share a single queue for all consumers on topic configured
> with slow_consumer_policy="queue"
> [APLO-259] - Support Telnet clients that send '\r\n' character to terminate
> a line
>
> Full Changlog available at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311310&version=12321266
>
> The release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/
>
> Source code distros can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.5/
>
> Binary distros can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-019/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.5/
>
> The build was tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-apollo/tags/apollo-project-1.5/
>
> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.5/website/index.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release
>
> [ ] +1 Release Apache Apollo 1.5
>
> As usual, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> --
>
> **
>
> *Hiram Chirino*