Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Kai Wei <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/21 13:05:45 UTC

Need more info on plan syntax

hi,
I set up my dev environment following the wiki, then I ran into the problem
DRILL-294 described. I am looking for more information on the style change
mentioned in the issue 294. Just wondering why the old simple_plan.json
need such fix? What's wrong with it?

--
Best Regards,

Kai Wei

Re: Need more info on plan syntax

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
If I recall correctly, it was mostly cleanup.  I think the two main changes
were validation of the plan type variable and moving to a map rather than
an array of objects for the storage engine.  Just small changes to make
things easier to write and be more reliable.  All of the new tests use the
new pattern.  I think there are simply a few example files hanging around
the source tree that were never updated because they aren't part of any
automatically run tests.