Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Harvey <Da...@exegesys.com> on 2004/02/17 19:36:03 UTC

Manager application remove function doesn't remove deployed directory location

Hello all,
My platform is Windows 2000 Apache-Tomcat  4.1.29, J2SDK1.4.2_01.

I have written a struts-based web application.  I install the application using the tomcat manager application and things are fine.  When I try to remove the application using the tomcat manager application (for instance an application installed at context 'WebApp':

http://localhost:8080/manager/remove?path=/WebApp

The manager application responds with
OK - Removed application at context path /WebApp

The problem is that the deployed location still exists. The deployed directory has one file: WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar.

The deployed directory cannot be removed, windows claims stuts.jar is still in use. If I restart Tomcat the deployed directory can be manually removed.  Using the manager application to stop the application doesn't seem to help.

I want my application to uninstall without writing a routine to manually directories, etc.  It would be nice to have this happen thru Tomcat.

Does anybody have any ideas about this?  Thanks.

David Harvey

eXegesys, Inc.  www.exegesys.com