Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/04/15 21:59:17 UTC

Question:Why is Apache slower than NCSA (fwd)3dd0i

not acked.

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:22:05 PDT
Sender: sliu@cp10.es.xerox.com
From: Cindy Liu <sl...@cp10.es.xerox.com>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: Question:Why is Apache slower than NCSA

Dear Apache developers,

I got Apache server running on my machine. When I was trying to reload my home
page through netscape, it seemed that it was much slower than NCSA server. I'm
using apache 1.0.3 version and my home page calls a lot of CGI files. Do you
know why? Could you tell me what's difference between Apache and NCSA, not on
functionality but on how to allocate memory, read requests, form responses, and
carry out CGI scripts.

Please find answer for me ASAP! I really appreciate it!!!

Cindy

P.S. My e-mail address is sliu@cp10.es.xerox.com

----- End of forwarded message from Cindy Liu -----

--