Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Debayan <de...@rebaca.com> on 2005/02/01 06:49:48 UTC

Problems connecting to Tomcat from remote machine

Hi all,

    I recently installed Tomcat 4.1.31 on Linux Fedora Core 3. I downloaded
the gzipped tar file from http://jakarta.apache.org and extracted it on a
suitable directory. I also started it in the usual way and did not see any
errors in the catalina.out file. I am also able to connect to the default
Tomcat home page from the local machine using the URL http://localhost:8080

    However, I am simply unable to connect to the default Tomcat home page
from any remote machine. The network interface on the Fedora box is fine -
and I am able to connect to it over SSH/SFTP from any remote machine.
However, I am not able to get to the Tomcat home page URL.

     Is there any specific configuration that needs to be done ? Any help on
this would be most welcome.

regards,
Debayan.

Re: Problems connecting to Tomcat from remote machine

Posted by KwonNam Son <kw...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked Fedora's firewall?
As I know, Fedora's default firewall setting is to block 8080 port.

regards,
KwonNam.