Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr> on 2018/03/08 11:03:18 UTC

jdbc interpretor user & password

Hello,

I'd like to connect to an external (Teradata) database with zeppelin, using %jdbc interpretor.

Here is my context:
- The user is logged in to zeppelin using a LDAP account known in the Hadoop context, not the database
- The user is impersonified for spark operation using "sudo" commands from the zeppelin account to the user
- The user has its own user/password (separate from the Hadoop LDAP one) to connect to teradata

If I put an hard-coded "user/password" in the %jdbc interpreter configuration, it works, but I can't do it for security reasons:
- no user impersonate= system account usage = no linkage, no permission check (choice between full access to everyone to anything or minimal access to everyone...)
- unencrypted  critical system password storage

A solution that I can imagine  would be for instance:
- to support something like ${ZEPPELIN_IMPERSONATE_USER} for default.user value
- to be prompted for the password when the per-user interpreter starts, and keep the password in memory only

Do you have a solution that could work with v0.7.3 ?

Best regards,
Arnaud

L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur internet, la société expéditrice ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.