Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/09/20 06:36:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts 1.2.4 (General Availability) Released

The Struts team is pleased to announce the release of Struts 1.2.4 for
General Availability. This release includes significant new functionality,
as well as numerous fixes for bugs which were reported against the
previous release, and supersedes the earlier 1.1 version as the latest
official release of Struts from The Apache Software Foundation.

The binary, source and library distributions are available from the Struts
download page:

http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi

The Release Notes are available on the Struts web site at:

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes.html

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts 1.2.4 (General Availability) Released

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Yes.  1.2.4 is what you would call a Final Release.  It is the (voted)
quality that determines whether it is announced as General Availability or
Beta or Alpha or whatever.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
I have to admit I always have trouble dealing with the iterate tag.  I
recently rediscovered how easy it is to do these iterations using the
nested tags.  Have you tried them?  Maybe something like this would
work for you:

       <nested:iterate property="list">
               <nested:write property="id" /><br>
               <nested:text property="description"
onchange="changefield(this);"/><br>
               <nested:hidden property="isChanged" /><br>
       </nested:iterate>

I don't know if it's considered "best practice" to also surround the
form with <nested:form>, but I've tried using the basic <html:form>
and it works fine, too.  The result is code I can actually understand.
:)

If you want to stick to the html tags, take a look at the example in
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsCatalogLazyList

hth,
Hubert

Re: Struts 1.1 iterate woes

Posted by Addy Kapur <ad...@gmail.com>.
I have used the following syntax and it works.

 <logic:iterate name="BForm" property="bVO.lines" id="bAmount" indexId="idx">
   </logic:iterate>

Struts 1.1 iterate woes

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
Struts now uses tomcat-like version number, i.e. they're will be other 1.2.x struts releases if required by new bugs or
enhancements applied on this branch.

We use 1.2.x on new projects since 1.2.0 (test) has been released.

Nico.

Posted by Onur Tokan <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 4:41 PM +0800 9/21/04, Nathan Coast wrote:
>Hi,
>
>will the 1.2.4 jars & tlds be uploaded to the maven repos some time soon?
>
>where do they go?
>http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/struts/jars/
>or
>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/struts/jars/

iBiblio mirrors http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

I am pretty sure that Apache would prefer that you use the iBiblio
repository.  The only Apache repository that should generally be used
is the one for non-GA packages: http://cvs.apache.org/repository

I'm pretty busy at work this week, but if no one else has time to put
the files in the mirror directories, I will try to do it as soon as I
can.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts 1.2.4 (General Availability) Released

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
Hi,