Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Steven Siebert <sm...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 12:17:26 UTC

How to get involved in the ACE project?

Hello,

My customer (US Army) is in need of a distributed provisioning and
configuration management/monitoring solution for OSGi for various projects
(devices, service/applications, hybrid/EE applications, etc).  As I was just
about to email the felix users distro on a coherent provisioning and
configuration management solution (complete software lifecycle management),
I decided to check the apachecon talks coming up to see if there was
something along these lines.  Here I found the ACE incubator project.

While the project may not meet 100% of my requirements, I believe it is a
big boost to where I want to be.  Further, I have been granted permission to
contribute back to any Open Source project I am involved with (with any
license so long as the government contributions (stuff I do at work) is
Apache or GPL).

I noticed there is very little in jira for this project but some activity on
the mailing list.  I guess, simply put...where/how can I help?  I have the
trunk downloaded and will be going through it.  Perhaps I can start on
documentation as I learn about the system?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: How to get involved in the ACE project?

Posted by Steve <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,

Yes, I am here all week. Perhaps you can tell me when/where to meet
and I'll be sure to be there.

On Nov 4, 2010, at 10:08 AM, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Steven,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Steve,

The dev mailing list is a good startup :)

All contributions are welcome (around the documentation, etc).

For your informations, Toni worked on the maven build of ACE and Marcel
made some cleanups recently.

On my side, I plan to merge the AutoDeploy to provide larger
provisioning and deployment support in ACE.
On the other hand, the support of Karaf feature is in progress.

Regards
JB