Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sv...@explicit.dk on 2004/06/29 10:48:25 UTC

WAR file versioning (Maven RC4)

Hi,

I just used the war plugin, it seems that it does not attach a version to the
generated war file. I am using Maven RC4.

I'd expect that a testapp-1.0.war would be generated in the target directory, I
only get a testapp.war

I reproduced it quite easily:

1) generate a new application with maven genapp
2) invoke "maven war"

You get an unversioned war file.

Anyone else seen this ?

br,
  /Sverre

Re: WAR file versioning (Maven RC4)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
the version is correctly attached when it is put into the repository,
but it is not appended to the build so that it can be dropped into a
container without extra information and do the expected thing.

If you want to modify it, I believe you can alter maven.war.final.name.

Regards,
Brett

Re: IDEA project files from IDEA plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Actually, this should probably only be done when you run
idea:multiproject, and then only for projects in that build rather
than automatically assuming you will import your external project
modules.

But wither way, definitely file a JIRA issue for this.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by sv...@explicit.dk.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@dashorst.dds.nl>.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.
I don't know how others are deploying, but I definitely *do not* want
the version appended to the war file.
The reason for this is that most containers name the context after the
name of the war file and having a version on the end would mean that the
context changed every time a new version was deployed.

We do version our wars however... we added the version to the web.xml in
the description element so that we can see what version of a webapp we
have deployed. I've been thinking about using the old ant "Filter" task
to update it automatically fro the maven version, but haven't added the
preGoal yet.

- Brill Pappin