Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by r....@t-online.de on 2005/08/30 23:33:39 UTC

Re: svn commit: r264866 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/generators/config5.m4

> Author: jerenkrantz
> Date: Tue Aug 30 14:21:18 2005
> New Revision: 264866

> Log:
> mod_cgid: Refuse to work on Solaris 10 due to OS bugs.
>
> PR: 34264

[..cut..]

> +This means that threaded MPMs (such as worker MPM) with CGIs will not work.
> +This problem is due to an OS bug with AF_UNIX sockets.
> +Patches are forthcoming from Sun.
> +Please run configure with --disable-cgid or switch to the prefork MPM.

Just curious. What about running the worker MPM with mod_cgi on Solaris 10?
See also the discussion on

Re: svn commit: r264737 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/stopping.xml

between Colm and Joe.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: svn commit: r264866 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/generators/config5.m4

Posted by r....@t-online.de.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

[..cut..]

> Saw it; but I don't have time to test that myself.  For now, I want to
> ensure that we don't allow people to shoot themselves in the foot
> out-of-the-box.  =)  -- justin

The Pascal compiler approach: The compiler won't let you shoot yourself in the foot. :-)

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: svn commit: r264866 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/generators/config5.m4

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.