Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2006/08/04 23:50:16 UTC

Re: [Maven-changes-plugin] Current State?

Alex Schwartz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm an experienced user of maven1 -- and I just started to migrate
> my own projects to maven2.

Hi Alex,

For future reference, please do not send mail directly to the individual
  developers. The problem with asking it in private, is that you are not
doing the community a favor with your question. Every question and
answer is interesting for the community and posting your questions on
the appropriate list (in this case maven-users) also prevents people
from asking the same question again. It also is possible that the person
you have chosen to mail doesn't have the time to answer your question
(or doesn't know the answer) and with sending the question to the list
other people can answer your question.

> I have some questions about the current state of the "maven-changes-plugin":
>
> (1) Where is the current site?
>
> I found a site under
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/
> I this the current one?

Yes

> (2) Where are the current sources?
>
> The site states that the sources are located under
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/sandbox/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/
>
> but I cannot find them.

The plugin was moved from the sandbox last weekend. The site had not
been updated to reflect this. I have redeployed the site now with the
correct URL to the sources. It should be available within a couple of
hours, when the site is synced.

> (3) How to use it?
>
> The site suggests to use it as follows:
>
> <project>
>   <reporting>
>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
>         <reportSets>
>           <reportSet>
>             <reports>
>               <report>changes-report</report>
>             </reports>
>           </reportSet>
>         </reportSets>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>   </reporting>
> </project>
>
> This did not worked for me, since the plugin was not found.
>
> (4) Are there releases of this plugin? Or snapshots?
>
> I only found the maven 1.x versions of the plugin.

There has not been a release of this Maven 2 plugin yet. It is only
available as a SNAPSHOT. You can read about how to use SNAPSHOTS here:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

--
Dennis Lundberg