Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Matt Leinhos <ma...@granularity.net> on 2002/02/27 18:54:03 UTC

NS decl is attribute in DOM tree

Hello,

When parsing the document:

<myNS1:root xmlns:myNS1="http://www.mydomain.com/">

</myNS1:root>

with a DOMParser object, the resulting DOM tree says that my root element
has an attribute, myNS1, which is in the namespace
http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/. The parser also says that the root element
is in the myNS1 element (which is correct). The parser has the namespaces
feature turned on.

When I parse the same document with a SAX XMLReader
(ie
 XMLReader parser =
	    XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader
	    ( "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
)

the parser correctly?? drops the myNS1 decl as an attribute.

I'm using xerces-j 2.0.0 (release, not beta). What's going on???

Thank you in advance for your time,
Matt

--
Matt Leinhos