Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/09/01 06:08:34 UTC

Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6

Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Let's see if we can finalize this:
> >
> > 1 - I'm actively working to finish off copyless, and it will involve a
> >      change in Cocoon, that I've already proposed on that list. It
> >      will make it possible for mounted pipelines to return back to the
> >      parent for processing if no match is found.
> >      Besides being able to use it to make the internals cleaner, it
> >      will make it possible for users to actually inject theit sitemaps
> >      without having to copy over our things, making it much more
> >      resilient.
>
> Great.
>
> > 2 - Should we switch to pelt after a quick check? it would really be
> >      better to not have to switch skin now and then again in 0.7 if
> >      possible.
> >
> > 3 - There are some buds that are to be fixed to make the dist.

And the etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt needs review and practice.

> > 4 - I'd postpone the remaining non-critical bugs to 0.7.
>
> Yes.  I'd much rather have a release with some bugs than let 0.6 stagnate
> for more months.

Exactly. Thanks Nicola Ken, i was close to sending a similar email.

Some bugs are okay to remain in 0.6 - it is still prior to 1.0
so people must expect issues.

> The only bug I see as critical (besides copyless) is FOR-229 (SVG->PNG).

However, that has a workaround listed in a Jira Comment.
Crude fix, but comment-out the SVG document type declaration.

> I'd like to fix the aggregate html/pdf pages but honestly I doubt I'll be
> able to do it soon.

Delay until 0.7

--
David Crossley