Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jansen <no...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/02/08 15:26:54 UTC

cxf-se timeout

Hi,

I have a service that is exposed on the NMR through the cxf-se component. It
seems that the default timeout for a synchronous message exchange to this
service is 10 seconds. This is too short for my service.

The service is exposed externally over a cxf-bc component. This is the
component that throws the apparent timeout.
How do I set the timeout on the cxf-bc component?

Thanks,

Jan Arend

Stacktrace:
08-Feb-2008 15:12:54 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer$JbiPostInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(CxfBcConsumer.java:466)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.resume(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:185)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer.process(CxfBcConsumer.java:182)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer$JbiInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(CxfBcConsumer.java:442)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:77)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.serviceRequest(JettyHTTPDestination.java:297)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(JettyHTTPDestination.java:243)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(JettyHTTPHandler.java:54)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:722)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
        at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
        at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Re: cxf-se timeout

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately this is a hard coded timeout right now in the cxf-bc.  If you
file a Jira issue for this
here<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM>we will most likely
get this added for the
3.2.2 release.