Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2012/08/30 17:34:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation Resolution

Hey Guys,

Sorry took me so long to get around to it.

Here's a draft, have at it!

One thing to note. I left the mentors off the PMC except for
Ate. I think the project should have at least 3 PMC members
who themselves are ASF members (just an internal metric I've
seen on successful projects). Suresh is currently a member, and
Ate is just so darned good at license review, that I left him on :)
It would be nice to have another ASF member.

Before I added myself though (or anyone else, I wanted to
first make sure you guys were OK with me sticking on the PMC).
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris

 X. Establish the Apache Airavata Project

    interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
    purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
    the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for
    distribution at no charge to the public, related to science gateways,
    data management, scientific workflows and processing

    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Airavata Project",
    Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby is
    related to science gateways, data management, scientific workflows
    and processing and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Airavata" be
    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
    serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache Airavata Project, and to have primary responsibility
    for management of the projects within the scope of
    responsibility of the Apache Airavata Project; and be it further

    Apache  Airavata Project:

     Alek Slominski                                                           <as...@apache.org>
     Ate Douma                                                                  <at...@apache.org>
     Barbara Hallock                                                         <ba...@apache.org>
     Chathura Herath                                                        <ch...@apache.org>
     Eran Chinthaka                                                          <ch...@apache.org>
     Hemapani Srinath Perera                                        <he...@apache.org>
     Heshan Theekshana Suriyaarachchi                    <he...@apache.org>
     Lahiru Gunathilake                                                    <la...@apache.org>
     Marlon Pierce                                                             <mp...@apache.org>
     Patanachai Tangchaisin                                          <pa...@apache.org>
     Raminderjeet Singh                                                  <ra...@apache.org>
     Saminda                                                                      <sa...@apache.org>
     Shahani Markus Weerawarana                              <sh...@apache.org>
     Suresh Marru                                                              <sm...@apache.org>
     Nanayakkara Kuruppuge Thilena Gunarathne    <th...@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Suresh Marru
    be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airavata to
    serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby
    Incubator Airavata podling; and be it further

    Incubator Airavata podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    Project are hereafter discharged.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation Resolution

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Chris, Suresh,

On 08/30/2012 05:43 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> My email crossed yours, sorry, lets iterate on this version. All the mentors have been of great help in their own ways, if the mentors have time to hang around it will be great to have them all continue.
>
> Certainly a big +1 if Ate has time,
I might not have much time but I'm happy to stay on the PMC (in the background)
for at least a while longer.

> and a big + 1 for you to continue on the PMC. Along with having you continue to build on the Apache way, Airavata still have an outstanding tasks to align closely with OODT and Tikka and having you onboard will ensure it doesn't fall through the cracks.
+1

Thanks, Ate

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

My email crossed yours, sorry, lets iterate on this version. All the mentors have been of great help in their own ways, if the mentors have time to hang around it will be great to have them all continue.

Certainly a big +1 if Ate has time, and a big + 1 for you to continue on the PMC. Along with having you continue to build on the Apache way, Airavata still have an outstanding tasks to align closely with OODT and Tikka and having you onboard will ensure it doesn't fall through the cracks.