Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "P. Hill" <go...@xmission.com> on 2004/01/26 00:56:10 UTC

Favorite tag reference?

Hi,

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has any favorite on-line or paper references for
the various tag libraries.  Reading the new JSP 2.0 spec is certainly the brute
force and often instructive approach and each of the taglibs in struts contains
a reference like:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_bean.html
Just wondering if others have found any useful on-line summaries/references
just to look up summaries, explanations, and maybe short examples for the
various libraries.

What's your favorite? Are the Apache doc's as good as any?  Better than
some? Worse?

TIA,
-Paul

Re: Favorite tag reference?

Posted by "P. Hill" <go...@xmission.com>.
Adam Hardy wrote:
> There is a seperate JSTL spec doc in pdf format from Sun somewhere I
> think. I guess the link is on the jakarta-commons website.

Just to make this thread more complete, both the PDF and a very short java Doc
summary version of just the STL can be found at:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/

-Paul

Re: Favorite tag reference?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

On 01/26/2004 04:38 PM P. Hill wrote:
> Adam Hardy wrote:
>
>> I find the struts docs for struts taglibs the best. [...]
>> 2nd to that is the JSTL spec for the JSTL taglibs <i18n: or <fmt:, <c:
>> etc.
>>
>> I wrote:
>>
>>> Reading the new JSP 2.0 spec [...]
>

> I assume now that the JSP 2.0 is out, you are flipping through that
> spec, if needed. Or is there a seperate JSTL doc that comes in handy here?
>
> -Paul

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Dealing wiht exception in DispatchAction

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hi all,
	I am using a DispatchAction in my application. I have declared
the
Type of the exception that will be raised in case one method raises an
exception..
But I am stuck with the fact that i have, in 4 methods, the same type of
Exception but with different message.
When I declare the exception in struts-config, I can specify only one
Key ..

And I would need a way to parametrize the message of the exception, or
Be able to specify which message to use for different methods.

For example

I have following methods (and associated exceptions)

Create()  / failed to create product

Delete() / failed to delete product

Find()  / product not found

All of those methods raise the same exception (ProductException) but
with different messages.
How can I make so that I can raise same exception, with different
messages, from a dispatch action?

Thanx in advance and regards
	marco

Re: Favorite tag reference?

Posted by "P. Hill" <go...@xmission.com>.

Re: Favorite tag reference?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
I find the struts docs for struts taglibs the best. The API docs at the
link you give are all I've ever needed.