Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wiwi Wiwi <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/23 08:15:30 UTC

Can somebody help me!!! Plzz... (Oracle9i and Tomcat4.03)

dear all, currently, I've installed Oracle 9i and Tomcat4.03, as well as
JSDK1.4.0. However, I've found that after installing Oracle 9i, Tomcat 4.03
(start.sh) seems couldn't run. Is Oracle 9i JVM has overwritten the existing
JVM? On the other hands, as I stop the Oracle service in admin. tools(note
that I'm using WindowsXP), Tomcat is able to start but can't access to
Oracle Database that I've created. Following is the error that returned to
me as I attempt to start Tomcat (Notice that Oracle database services are
started):

Catalina.start: LifecycleException: null.open: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
LifecycleException: null.open: java.net.BindException: Address already in
use: JVM_Bind:8080
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize<HttpConnector.java:1130>

and I've set the environment as followed:

CATALINA_HOME = E:\Apache Tomcat 4.0
CLASSPATH = .;E:\oracle\ora90\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip
JAVA_HOME = C:\j2sdk1.4.0
Path =
E:\oracle\ora90\bin;E:\oracle\ora90\Apache\Perl\5.00503\bin\mswin32-x86;C:\Program
Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

Your help is much appreciated...:) Pls help... it's urgent.
Thanks in advance.

regards,
Wiwi.

Re: Can somebody help me!!! Plzz... (Oracle9i and Tomcat4.03)

Posted by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw>.
hi Wiwi!
Apperantly your oracle 9 's http service which is using tomcat is running,
sop obviuoosly you can't run another tomcat without stopping the previous
one. If you need to run tomct standalone, then go to control panel -
services and then stop the oracle http service, then you can run your own
tomcat.
hope it helps
cheers :)