Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/10/30 17:17:20 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-175: Additional '--describe' views for ConsumerGroupCommand

Bumping this again!

From:   "Vahid S Hashemian" <va...@us.ibm.com>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   09/28/2017 12:13 PM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] KIP-175: Additional '--describe' views for
ConsumerGroupCommand

I'm bumping this up as it's awaiting one more binding +1, but I'd like to
also mention a recent change to the KIP.

Since the current DescribeGroup response protocol does not include
member-specific information such as preferred assignment strategies, or
topic subscriptions, I've removed the corresponding ASSIGNMENT-STRATEGY
and SUBSCRIPTION columns from --members and --members --verbose options,
respectively. These columns will be added back once KIP-181 (that aims to
enhance DescribeGroup response) is in place. I hope this small
modification is reasonable. If needed, we can continue the discussion on
the discussion thread.

And I'm not sure if this change requires a re-vote.

Thanks.
--Vahid

From:   "Vahid S Hashemian" <va...@us.ibm.com>
To:     dev <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   07/27/2017 02:04 PM
Subject:        [VOTE] KIP-175: Additional '--describe' views for
ConsumerGroupCommand

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion on KIP-175, and
provided feedback.
The KIP can be found at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.apache.org_confluence_display_KAFKA_KIP-2D175-253A-2BAdditional-2B-2527-2D-2Ddescribe-2527-2Bviews-2Bfor-2BConsumerGroupCommand&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=Q_itwloTQj3_xUKl7Nzswo6KE4Nj-kjJc7uSVcviKUc&m=m8Sjp4mLFIcTZ9zDzAkg1PAYjdCskeME4GnAjhscWcE&s=PoDGOd7DqeL_Tg-TCQqyaIGH3L5QyxUfYZ9UBLMT7Vw&e=

.
I believe the concerns have been addressed in the recent version of the
KIP; so I'd like to start a vote.

Thanks.
--Vahid

Re: [VOTE] KIP-175: Additional '--describe' views for ConsumerGroupCommand

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
Thanks for the KIP, Vahid!

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
KIP-175 passed with 3 binding and 3 non-binding +1's:

Binding +1: Jason, Guozhang, Rajini
Non-binding +1: Mickael, Manikumar, Jeff

Thanks to everyone who shared feedback and voted on this KIP.

--Vahid

From:   Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>
To:     dev <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   11/27/2017 11:46 AM