Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ben Vanberg <be...@soundstrue.com> on 2009/03/06 19:03:41 UTC

Recommendations for migrating relational data to JCR?

I am working on a project to migrate product data from a relational database
to JCR. The plan is for this JCR product data to become the source of record
for all product data along with the digital assets that make up a product.
There is a significant amount of data in the current relational model and
I¹m looking for a good solution for migrating this data. Thus far I have
written custom Java code to handle some initial Export>Transform>Import of
the product data. This works fine, however, as things progress I¹m finding
that more and more data needs to move over to the JCR. This will require
more code to handle the migration, so before diving too deep I would like to
see if the community would recommend different approaches. Any ideas are
welcome.

In addition, there may be a need to keep the data between the relational
world and the JCR world in synch‹at least until the transition to 100% JCR
is complete.

Thanks,

Ben.