Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by "Zhu,Xiaoli" <zh...@baidu.com> on 2022/05/20 08:20:22 UTC

[Discuss][DSIP] Complex data type ARRAY support

Dear All,

Now lots of OLAP systems support ARRAY, MAP, STRUCT complex data types. So complex data types are very important.

First of all, I would like to add ARRAY data type for Doris.
The associated issue: https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/7570

ARRAY data type implementation is very complex, I would like to complete it by 3 milestone:
Milestone 1: support basic ARRAY data INSERT and SELECT;
Milestone 2: support LOAD or INSERT ARRAY data from most data formats, such as parquet and orc; Rich array functions added;
Milestone 3: advanced array features support, such as High-Order array functions, nested ARRAY data type, and array join.

(Milestone 2 and Milestone 3 will be implemented only on vectorized engine.)

My wiki account: cambyzju (zhuxiaoli01@baidu.com)

Re:[Discuss][DSIP] Complex data type ARRAY support

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi Xiaoli:
I create DSIP-13[1] for this proposal. Please feel free to edit.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/DSIP-013%3A+Support+ARRAY+type

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen