Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Les Hartzman <le...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/21 18:43:28 UTC

JspC problem - Linux

I'm a Linux newbie and I'm having problems diagnosing
an Ant problem.

Under Windows I had an Ant script that included
precompiling JSPs.  When I moved the script to Linux
(Suse 8.1 Pro) and tried to run it, I got an error in
'main', an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.  This is
using Ant 1.5.1.  The non-JSP files compile fine.

I'm slowly starting to go through the source to try
and find the problem, but I suspect its more of a
setup problem.

I've added $ANT_HOME/bin to the PATH.  I'm using JDK
1.4.1_01.  I'm using the tcsh shell, if that matters.

Thanks.

Les

=====

Re: JspC problem - Linux

Posted by Les Hartzman <le...@yahoo.com>.
Responding to my own post, I believe I discovered the
problem.

I had previously used Tomcat 4.0.4 and right now I'm
trying to use 4.1.18.  I didn't realize how much had
changed between 4.0.x to 4.1.x.  It appears that
Jasper in 4.1.x is looking for a particular directory
structure, whereas 4.0.x isn't.

So now I'm trying to determine what structure is
expected (looks like the source directory structure
needs to be in a WAR-like structure, I think).

Les

=====