Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 06:59:45 UTC

2.4 Blockers: LANG-362 + LANG-366?

These are the blockers on releasing 2.4:

LANG-362 - Niall/Matt, it looks like this is close to resolution and
'just' needs the ideas to be coded?

LANG-366 - MultiFormat becoming package scoped?

Hen

Re: 2.4 Blockers: LANG-362 + LANG-366?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008 5:59 AM, Henri Yandell
> <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > These are the blockers on releasing 2.4:
> >
> > LANG-362 - Niall/Matt, it looks like this is close
> to resolution and
> > 'just' needs the ideas to be coded?
>
> Yes we seem to have reached agreement. Either one of
> us needs to
> implement it, or we remove
> ExtendedMessageFormat(EMF) for now and
> release 2.4 and then work on it for the next
> release. I was waiting to
> see what Matt wanted to do as it was his idea.

I am in the middle of some changes for this.  In order
to implement my/Niall's compromise I've got to do a
little more monkeying around because jl.MF trims the
formats and subformats it knows about; thus in order
to preserve compatibility completely I've got to do a
little silliness to implement toPattern() (delegate to
super for base formats; then inject custom formats).
I'll put this at the top of my OSS list, guys.

> > LANG-366 - MultiFormat becoming package scoped?
>
> Depends on LANG-362. If my suggestions are
> implemented then its no
> longer required for EMF to work - so either it stays
> in its own right
> and hopefully the deficiencies I raised are
> resolved, or it could be
> removed.

Fine to remove if the final EMF doesn't use it.

-Matt

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.