Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/02/02 13:26:11 UTC

Re: updating the release process; what to do about branches

Following up now that I am in track of emails again.

Assuming we stay with develop/ for development stuff, how about we just rm the master/ branch,

then switch to having separate branches for branches being released/updated, tags on the branches for released and latest.

The release process would cover this, with something that can even cover the "branch off develop and cherry-pick" strategy if that is what people want to do when stabilising a release

-steve

On 29 January 2015 at 16:38:48, Jon Maron (jmaron@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com>) wrote:

I would favor the current mapping - a little more intuitive IMHO

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.