Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Subrat Basnet <su...@myktm.com> on 2015/06/13 09:53:44 UTC

AWS S3 region

Hi there,

I am querying S3 bucket using Drill.

When I query files in the bucket that was created in the default reason (US East), it works great!

However when I query a bucket in “eu-central-1” - I cannot query. I keep getting:
Error: PARSE ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException

Also I did not see a place to put the region info in the config?

Please advise, how I can make Drill query a specific region? Must be a setting somewhere.

Thanks!
Subrat

Re: AWS S3 region

Posted by David Tucker <dt...@maprtech.com>.
Check the Amazon sites, but I believe that the EU-Central region has some constraints about data migration.   It may well be that S3 buckets (even those defined as “public”) will not expose their contents to instances OUTSIDE the EU-Central region.

— David