Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Matt Bowersox <mb...@rochester.rr.com> on 2002/01/22 07:56:21 UTC

axis classloader correct design?

After having  some trouble porting axis to atg dynamo j2ee engine I noticed a problem with the AxisClassLoader basing its call to the super constructor by passing in a ClassLoader derived from the thread context. I am not sure it is a valid assumption that the classloader  derived from the current thread context be the one through which to load axis engine and java rpc service classes. This does not work in the atg engine and possibly others. Would a class loader derived from an instantiated axis class be safer? the servlet spec merely states that all classes in the web container be made available vie a module specific classloader, but not necessarily the current thread contexts class loader.

-matt bowersox
mvb@dotech.com