Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch> on 2009/04/07 20:10:06 UTC

validation

Hi guys.

I'm trying to use declarative xml validation but I'm having trouble.

This is the scenario:

- struts 2.0.11
- struts configuration with action name="*-*"
- ModelDriven actions

do the above scenario permit the use of xml validation?

Thank you.
Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
yes.. I'd rather use declarative validation in xml, but if I cannot
get it to work, I'll do it on the client side..

Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: validation

Posted by Mileidys Gonzalez Prieto <mi...@i-frontier.net>.

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Wes, here you can find my files:
http://web.dti.supsi.ch/~nunnari/s2/

Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Wednesday 08 April 2009 10:48:34 Roberto Nunnari wrote:
[snip]

> I start to think there is something wrong with my environment..
>
> But.. are you guys sure that xml validation works when
> implementing ModelDriven?

Yes, I am sure :) I've used it plenty.

I was starting to think that there is something wrong with your setup the very
minute I began reading that line. Can you post more details about your
setup... Validation is controlled by an interceptor, so I would wonder if the
interceptor is even firing at this point.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Roberto Nunnari ha scritto:

> but for this validation doesn't work:
> package namespace: /admin2
> s2 action name: Item_update
> method name: update
> URI: /myapp/admin2/Item_update.action
> classname: ItemAction
> xml-valid: ItemAction-update-validation.xml

if I rename ItemAction-update-validation.xml to ItemAction-validation.xml

then everythig works.. it was just my environment.. probably those two
files I told you before in WEB-INF/

Also, I suppose that the alias the doc referes to about validation,
means action name, and not the method name.

Thank you all guys!
Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Ok. Something started to work.
Not sure though what the problem was.. maybe a couple of
validation files I had left around in WEB-INF/
Now I can validate even my ModelDriven actions by using
ClassName-methodName-validation.xml

so now I have:
package namespace: /admin/Item
s2 action name: update
method name: update
URI: /myapp/admin/Item/update.action
classname: ItemAction
xml-valid: ItemAction-update-validation.xml

but for this validation doesn't work:
package namespace: /admin2
s2 action name: Item_update
method name: update
URI: /myapp/admin2/Item_update.action
classname: ItemAction
xml-valid: ItemAction-update-validation.xml

package configuration (interceptor stack) is the same..
Any hints?

Thank you all guys!
Ciao.
Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Hi Wes.

Re: validation

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Yep. I tried that and doesn't help neither.

I also tried the underscore version but nothing changed.

Any more hints?
Robi

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
tried it: doesn't help.

--
Roberto Nunnari
Servizi Informatici SUPSI-DTI

Re: validation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Humm.. I don't know.. I tried with

Re: validation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: validation

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Hi.

see my comments in context.

Lukasz Lenart ha scritto:
> 2009/4/7 Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>:
>> do the above scenario permit the use of xml validation?
>
> It shouldn't be a problem, did you double check that validations files
> were transferred to the server?

Yes. I checked and the xml file is there.

I even tried to put the action name without wildcards
(see below action Item-update)
in struts.xml, but it still doesn't work.

The action extends ActionSupport and implements ModelDriven, Preparable

here's my package from the struts.xml file:

*************************** start cut *************************
     <package name="admin" extends="tiles-default" namespace="/admin">

         <interceptors>
             <interceptor name="HibernateOSIV" class="osivInterceptor"/>
             <interceptor-stack name="robiStack">
                 <interceptor-ref name="exception"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="alias"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="servletConfig"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="HibernateOSIV"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="prepare"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="i18n"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="chain"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="debugging"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="profiling"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="scopedModelDriven"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="modelDriven"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="checkbox"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="staticParams"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="params">
                     <param name="excludeParams">dojo\..*</param>
                 </interceptor-ref>
                 <interceptor-ref name="conversionError"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="validation">
                     <param
name="excludeMethods">input,back,cancel,browse</param>
                 </interceptor-ref>
                 <interceptor-ref name="workflow">
                     <param
name="excludeMethods">input,back,cancel,browse</param>
                 </interceptor-ref>
             </interceptor-stack>
             <interceptor-stack name="robiStackPrep">
                 <interceptor-ref name="exception"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="alias"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="servletConfig"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="HibernateOSIV"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="prepare"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="i18n"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="chain"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="modelDriven"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="checkbox"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="staticParams"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="conversionError"/>
                 <interceptor-ref name="validation">
                     <param name="excludeMethods">input,back,cancel</param>
                 </interceptor-ref>
                 <interceptor-ref name="workflow">
                     <param name="excludeMethods">input,back,cancel</param>
                 </interceptor-ref>
             </interceptor-stack>
         </interceptors>

         <default-interceptor-ref name="robiStackPrep"/>

         <action name="listWantNewsletterEmails"
method="wantNewsletterEmails"
class="ch.nunnisoft.myecommerce.actions.admin.NewsletterAction">
             <result type="tiles">adminWantNewsletterEmailList</result>
         </action>

         <action name="list*" method="{1}"
class="ch.nunnisoft.myecommerce.actions.admin.HomeAction">
             <result type="tiles">admin{1}List</result>
         </action>

         <action name="*-createChoose" method="chooseType"
class="ch.nunnisoft.myecommerce.actions.admin.{1}Action">
             <result type="tiles">admin{1}ChooseType</result>
         </action>

         <action name="Item-update" method="update"
class="ch.nunnisoft.myecommerce.actions.admin.ItemAction">
             <result type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">Item-view?id=${id}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="input" type="tiles">adminItemEdit</result>
         </action>

         <action name="*-*" method="{2}"
class="ch.nunnisoft.myecommerce.actions.admin.{1}Action">
             <!--
             {1} puo' essere: search, searchForm, view, create, save,
addToCart, viewCart
             -->
             <result type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">{1}-view?id=${id}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="successA" type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">{1}-view?id=${id}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="successQ" type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">{1}-view?id=${id}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="successCT" type="redirect-action">
                 <param
name="actionName">Category-view?id=${categoryId}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="successIT" type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">Item-view?id=${itemId}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="successAT" type="redirect-action">
                 <param
name="actionName">Auction-view?id=${auctionId}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="listItem" type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">listItem</param>
             </result>
             <result name="home" type="redirect-action">
                 <param name="actionName">list{1}</param>
             </result>
             <result name="view" type="tiles">admin{1}View</result>
             <result name="input" type="tiles">admin{1}Edit</result>
             <result name="create" type="tiles">admin{1}New</result>
             <result name="home" type="tiles">admin{1}List</result>
             <result name="inputA" type="tiles">admin{1}AEdit</result>
             <result name="inputQ" type="tiles">admin{1}QEdit</result>
             <result name="createA" type="tiles">admin{1}ANew</result>
             <result name="createQ" type="tiles">admin{1}QNew</result>
             <result name="viewA" type="tiles">admin{1}AView</result>
             <result name="viewQ" type="tiles">admin{1}QView</result>
         </action>
     </package>

*************************** end cut *************************

and here's my Item-update-validation.xml file that I put in the same
folder as the action ItemAction:

*************************** start cut *************************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
     Document   : ItemAction-validation.xml
     Created on : 24 marzo 2009, 20:40
     Author     : nunnari
-->

<!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC '-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator
1.0.2//EN' 'http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd'>
<validators>
     <field name="itemNumber">
         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
             <message key="error.PleaseEnterAValidString"/>
         </field-validator>
     </field>
     <field name="price.amount">
         <field-validator type="required">
             <message key="error.PleaseEnterAValidValue"/>
         </field-validator>
         <field-validator type="double">
             <message key="error.PleaseEnterAValidPassword"/>
         </field-validator>
     </field>
</validators>

Re: validation