Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Hayes Davis <ha...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/14 21:40:18 UTC

Guide to running Hadoop on Windows

I recently got started using Hadoop and spent some time getting distributed
Hadoop running on Windows. I didn't find much on Google about running on
Windows and the docs are a tad vague on the subject. Anyway, for anyone
that's interested, I've written up a guide based on my experience called
Running Hadoop on Windows at
http://hayesdavis.net/2008/06/14/running-hadoop-on-windows/

Hopefully I didn't duplicate work someone's done elsewhere and hopefully
this will help anyone out there wanting to get started with distributed
Hadoop on Windows.

If anyone finds any issues in the guide or has questions, please let me know
or just comment on the blog post.

Thanks.

Hayes

--