Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "H. H. Bergman" <he...@pobox.com> on 2004/08/10 13:16:43 UTC

Highlighter and HTML tags

Hi,

I'm using lucene 1.4 and the Highlighter package from the sandbox.
When the search results are clicked I want to show the original (HTML)
document with highlighting. It seems to work fine, except for one annoying
detail: It also tries to 'highlight' strings that are part of a tag, such
as the href contents in a link. So the user is sometimes presented with
incorrect HTML.
Is there a way to stop the highlighter from highlighting strings inside
HTML tags?

Thanks,

Hennus Bergman