Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by teixi <ja...@teixi.net> on 2014/08/15 10:28:50 UTC

How is the MQTT development ongoing ? Plans for supporting MQTT authentication ?

Hi,

Is there any way to create a route to an authenticated mqtt broker ?

"Failed to create route mqtt... due to: Could not connect:
CONNECTION_REFUSED_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE"

Are there plans to implement MQTT authentication in MQTTComponent as
specified by the protocol ?
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v3.1.1/csprd01/mqtt-v3.1.1-csprd01.html#_Toc376954423

Thanks.

Re: How is the MQTT development ongoing ? Plans for supporting MQTT authentication ?

Posted by teixi <ja...@teixi.net>.
Yes, you're right I didn't pay attention to this
public class MQTTConfiguration
extends org.fusesource.mqtt.client.MQTT

So one can easily implement MQTT auth in a Camel route like:
<from
uri="mqtt:foo?host=tcp://127.0.0.1:1883&amp;subscribeTopicName=myTopic/#&amp;userName=myUser&amp;password=xxxxxx&amp;version=3.1.1"/>

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
I just looked at the camel-mqtt component.
Could it be that the authentication and transport security part is
already supported, no?
The configuration class MQTTConfiguration just extends
org.fusesource.mqtt.client.MQTT which has all the setters and getters,
so I think it is supported (at least supposed to be). If that is the
case, the online documentation should be updated.