Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org> on 2002/03/03 04:47:15 UTC

Re: [PATH] zip and jar improvements

From: "Brian Deitte" <bd...@macromedia.com>

Brian:

> Hi all,
>
> Attached are diffs and new files for my long-running zip/jar improvements.
This should be the last submission, hopefully.  :)  I incorporated some
changes suggested quite awhile ago and added some more documentation.

> Changes visible to users are described below
>
> Zip task
>
> duplicate (attribute): behavior when a duplicate file is found.  Valid
values are add, preserve, and fail. The default value is add.

> zipgroupfileset (nested fileset): allows for multiple zip files to be
merged into the archive. Each file found in this fileset is added to the
archive the same way that "zipfileset src" files are added.

> Jar task
>
> duplicate/zipgroupfileset: same as in Zip task
>
> filesetmanifest (attribute): behavior when a Manifest is found in a
zipfileset or zipgroupfileset file is found.  Valid values are skip, merge,
and mergewithoutmain.  mergewill merge all of manifests together, and merge
this into any other specified manifests  mergewithoutmain merges everything
but the Main section of the manifests.  Default value is skip

> manifest (existing attribute): this attribute now also accepts the name of
a jar added through a fileset.  If its the name of an added jar, the task
expects the manifest to be in the jar at META-INF/Manifest.mf

In the test file zip.xml, you had the following:

  <target name="testZipgroupfileset">
    <delete file="zipgroupfileset.zip"/>
    <zip zipfile="zipgroupfileset.zip" basedir=".">
      <zipgroupfileset dir="zip" includes="zipgroupfileset*.zip"
excludes="zipgroupfileset3.zip" />
      <include name="zip/zipgroupfileset3.zip" />
    </zip>
  </target>

I moved the <delete> entry to the "cleanup" target so that
it cleans up the file the test created instead of doing
it in the next test run.  However, this seems to
have opened up a problem.  Though the zipgroupfileset.zip
file gets created, when the cleanup target is executed, it is
unable to delete this file - possibly because the file handle
is still open.  Will you be able to track down the problem?
Please note that if I do not use the <zipgroupfileset> element,
I am able to successfully delete the file during cleanup.

I also notice that you have included a target
"testduplicatefail" which you are not invoking in the
test.  Any reason why?

Cheers,
Magesh