Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ni...@sercel.fr on 2003/02/20 15:43:10 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: Réf. : XML Schema parser?

You're right, I read the samples and had a look at the Xalan API. I was wrong because I thought that it was possible to execute
X-Path requests directly from a node in Xerces and I didn't think about using Xalan to do that...
Thank you.

                    Joseph
                    Kesselman            Pour :  xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
                    <keshlam@us.i        cc :
                    bm.com>              Objet :      Re:  Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: Réf. : XML Schema parser?

                    02/20/2003
                    03:00 PM
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    xerces-j-user

On Thursday, 02/20/2003 at 09:02 CET, Nicolas.GOLOUBENKO@sercel.fr wrote:
> You mean that the Xalan API can be used outside any XSL stylesheet to
browse
> nodes inside an XML tree

Yes. This has been true for a VERY long time.

> or to update nodes values/nodes attributes inside an XML tree ?

Updating isn't an XPath function, but if you use XPath to locate a node in
a DOM tree you could of course then use the DOM's APIs to alter the tree.
(Currently, Xalan is not highly efficient when operating against a DOM;
work is in progress to improve that.)

See Xalan's documentation for more details, and Xalan's mailing lists for
discussion.