Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Hans Merkl <hm...@hmerkl.com> on 2010/07/29 03:31:27 UTC

Index strategy for tagged documents where tags can change often

Hi,

In addition to text content my documents have tags which can be searched
too. The problem now is that the tags change quite often and every time a
tag gets added or removed I have to call UpdateDocument which is quite slow
when done for hundreds of documents.

Are there any well performing strategies for storing tags that change often
and need to be searched with Lucene? I have been thinking about keeping the
tags in separate documents to keep them smaller but I can't figure out how
to quickly search for tags AND content.

I hope this makes sense.

Hans