Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2004/11/04 21:07:14 UTC

Re: auto*

Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com> writes:

> On Nov 4, 2004, at 10:42 AM, David N. Welton wrote:

> > Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com> writes:
> >> The Tcl-C-Interface bot suggests that you consider using

> >>      Tcl_GetBoolean (interp, var, &rsc->upload_files_to_var);

> > Nope, there is no interpreter... and it looks like it works without
> > one, so I switched over to that in CVS.  Thanks!

> You're welcome, David.

> Collaborative development:  It produces good software, and it's fun.

Sure... now if we could only nail this auto* stuff.  The Tcl part we
have, more or less, but how do we deal with apxs/apache and merging
the two sets of flags and build instructions?

--
David N. Welton
Personal:                   http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Re: Build Procedure

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com>.
OK, I hacked on the configure.ac a bit, got it automatically finding
apxs and tclsh if they're not specified.  Feel like this part is pretty
solid.

But I haven't done anything with automake.

I'm digging into it.

KL

Re: Build Procedure

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: Build Procedure

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com>.

Build Procedure

Re: auto*

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
[ Oops, sorry for sending this twice, but I wanted the list to be in
on it too. ]

Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com> writes:

> On Nov 4, 2004, at 2:07 PM, David N. Welton wrote:

> > Sure... now if we could only nail this auto* stuff.  The Tcl part
> > we have, more or less, but how do we deal with apxs/apache and
> > merging the two sets of flags and build instructions?

> Here are all the Apache flags that apxs knows about, and their
> values on FreeBSD:
>
> CC -> cc
> TARGET -> httpd
> CFLAGS -> -DLOGIN_CAP  -funsigned-char -O -pipe
> -DDOCUMENT_LOCATION="/usr/local/www/data"
> -DDEFAULT_PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" -DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=512
> SBINDIR -> /usr/local/sbin
> CFLAGS_SHLIB -> -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
> INCLUDEDIR -> /usr/local/include/apache
> LD_SHLIB -> cc
> LIBEXECDIR -> /usr/local/libexec/apache
> LDFLAGS_SHLIB -> -shared
> SYSCONFDIR -> /usr/local/etc/apache
> LIBS_SHLIB ->
> PREFIX -> /usr/local

> Do you want to try to merge them, or just concatenate them, or what?

The build system in Tcl does try and do some minimal merging.

> Should we use Tcl's build stuff to build librivet.so and
> librivetparser.so and Apache's build stuff to build mod_rivet.so or
> is that even possible.

I think they should have the same flags, basically, well except for
librivetparser being linked against Apache stuff.

> Can we use apxs to actually compile mod_rivet, not just to grab
> variables using it?

We could try, but I have a feeling there is a reason that isn't more
common for all but simple modules.