Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2010/09/10 10:38:47 UTC

[ApacheDS] Test failures on Windows

Hi dev,

the ApacheDS build fails on Windows due to test failures. It happened
on the new Hudson build [1] and I was also able to reproduce the
failure on a Windows 7 VM. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Directory/job/dir-apacheds-jdk16-win/lastBuild/testReport/

Re: [ApacheDS] Test failures on Windows

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 9/10/10 11:33 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>
>> I also suspect a Reader or an InputStream from not being closed correctly.
>>
>> Unix based systems handle this correctly and let you delete the file,
>> Windows doesn't.
>>
> You have a tool called lsof on linux that tells you which process own a
> file. On windows, unless you have cygwin installed, you don't have lsof.

There are some nice systems tools available on Windows. Have a look at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Regards
Jeff MAURY

> However, tools like http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ can help you.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: [ApacheDS] Test failures on Windows

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
I also suspect a Reader or an InputStream from not being closed correctly.

Unix based systems handle this correctly and let you delete the file, Windows doesn't.

My 2 cents too.
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: [ApacheDS] Test failures on Windows

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Great, I'll be glad to apply the patch :)

On Sep 10, 2010 1:52 PM, <fe...@gdls.com> wrote:
> Some weeks ago I posted JIRA (DIRSERVER-1541) and a set of patches which
> result in all tests passing on Windows XP.
>
> These patches address both the issues of file path names and tests which
> do not close files before attempted to delete them.
>
> Since I made the submission I have revised my modifications and will
> attach a new set of patches to the JIRA later today.
>
> Regards,
> Richard
>

> Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote on 09/10/2010 04:38:47 AM:
>
>> Hi dev,
>>
>> the ApacheDS build fails on Windows due to test failures. It happened
>> on the new Hudson build [1] and I was also able to reproduce the
>> failure on a Windows 7 VM. Any ideas?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Stefan
>>
>> [1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Directory/job/dir-
>> apacheds-jdk16-win/lastBuild/testReport/
>

> .
>

> This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the
intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged
information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient,
please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Re: [ApacheDS] Test failures on Windows

Posted by fe...@gdls.com.