Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Mold <da...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/09/09 04:38:13 UTC

Using JNDI COnnection Pool getConnection() tells me driver class is null

I am using the admin tool to create a JNDI data source for a MySQL database.
When I try to use the datasource in a servlet, I get the error:
Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:529)

I've seen this error listed in the bug database, but the resolution was given
as "change user parameter to username". In my case, the admin tool is already
using the correct parameter names, but NONE of the parameters seem to be
reaching the BasicDataSource.

I attach the server.xml, web.xml and test servlet I am using. Can anyone throw
any light on what the problem is? Thank you.

-David

http://finance.yahoo.com