Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hari Yellina <ap...@iprimus.com.au> on 2002/03/12 04:20:39 UTC

how to explixitly close database connections.

Hi All,

 We are using Tomcat 3.2.4 and Postgresql for Point of Sale application.
After few days of working like 7 days. There are few idle postgesql database
connections running in back ground and my application freezes once it
reaches maximum limit of connection.

How to explicitly kill the connections.

Regards,

Hari Yellina.

Re: how to explixitly close database connections.

Posted by Moi <go...@heaven.club.ne.jp>.
In the end of Javaservlet script you should
close database using close(),because Javaservlet needs manual closing
database connection. Here are the Example:

con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://...........");
con.close();