Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2016/12/21 20:56:17 UTC

KIP-103: Separation of Internal and External traffic

Hi all,

We've posted "KIP-103: Separation of Internal and External traffic" for
discussion:

*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-103%3A+Separation+of+Internal+and+External+traffic
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-103%3A+Separation+of+Internal+and+External+traffic>*

Please take a look. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: KIP-103: Separation of Internal and External traffic

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
I updated the KIP to cover point 1 as well.

If there are no additional comments, I intend to start a vote thread within
a day or two.

Thanks,
Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ismael,

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Ismael.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ismael,

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Roger,

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Colin,

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
I've updated the KIP to:

1. Include the ability to set different security configs depending on the
protocol label.
2. Include the mapping from protocol label to security protocol in ZK and
UpdateMetadataRequest.
3. More items in the "Rejected Alternatives" section.
4. Take into account old ZooKeeper-based consumers.

Feedback is appreciated as always.

I'm particularly interested in people's opinions on the config format as I

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Thanks Rajini.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,