Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2004/04/06 13:31:39 UTC

[merlin] Configuration Error

I am getting the following configuration error, when I start my merlin
application (I am using v 3.2.4 of merlin) but I don't know where to
start looking for the problem. The class specified in the trace is
actually in the xerces archive, which is in my repository.

---- exception report
Exception: org.apache.avalon.merlin.KernelException
Message: Could not load the kernel directive:
file:/C:/applications/merlin/config/kernel.xml
---- cause
Exception: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError
Message: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
---- stack trace
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:141
)
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<i
nit>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:135)
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<i
nit>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:118)
org.apache.avalon.merlin.impl.DefaultFactory.getKernelConfiguration(Defa
ultFactory.java:834)
org.apache.avalon.merlin.impl.DefaultFactory.create(DefaultFactory.java:
241)
org.apache.avalon.merlin.cli.Main.<init>(Main.java:329)
org.apache.avalon.merlin.cli.Main.main(Main.java:281)
--------

I am using the following command to start my merlin applications

merlin config\block.xml -repository c:\applications\merlin\repository
-config config\config.xml

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
</jima>

Re: [merlin] Configuration Error

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 06 April 2004 19:31, Jim Alateras wrote:
> Exception: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError
> Message: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found

There is possibly something wrong with your XML setup.
I guess you are running a pre-1.4 JVM?

Niclas