Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Tom McDonald <to...@highwinds.com> on 2014/03/24 21:14:08 UTC

Proton PHP message receiving code encountering fatal error

I¹m using QPid (qpid-cpp v0.26) with Proton v0.6 with bindings for php
(PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.10 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Feb 28 2014
23:14:25) and perl (This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2)
built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi).

When I use a simple send client in php, a simple receive client in php
correctly receives the message. When I use a simple send client in Perl,
the receive client errors out with the following:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function get_object() in
/usr/share/php/proton.php on line 283

Attached are the three source files (send.php, recv.php, send.pl).

OS: Linux 3.2.0-38-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 19 12:18:21 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is confidential and intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone immediately. Thank you.

Re: Proton PHP message receiving code encountering fatal error

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
This looks like a typo in proton.php. Unfortunately I can't think of a good
workaround other than changing the '.' to a '->' on line 283 of proton.php.
If you file a JIRA I will make sure a fix goes into the next RC for 0.7.
FWIW, you won't hit the codepath unless the message happens to have
delivery annotations, so another way to avoid it would be to make sure your
messages don't have delivery annotations, but I presume that they do
otherwise you wouldn't have hit the issue. ;-) I'll follow up here if I
think of any better workaround for you.

--Rafael