Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2008/08/13 12:26:16 UTC

Commons Codec Base64 Was : Re: Re : svn commit: r685401 - /mina/trunk/core/pom.xml

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:54:29 +0000 (GMT)
Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> +1 to dependency discussion. I didn't know we could just add some
> apache class in in order to avoid adding dependencies to the core. In
> fact, the code used the class and i thought it was preferable to
> import the dependency to avoid code dup so i modified it just before
> committing. Talking abouts this, i'm relatively new to maven but
> parent pom already enlists commons-codec as a dependency why do
> the core child pom can't beneficiate from this dependency ? I'll
> correct the headers tonight : as the svn tag says, its only the
> initial commit and it was done on 2:00 AM There are other points to
> discuss about the code but i wanted to commit it to trunk to give all
> the opportunity to start test driving it. Cordialement, Regards,
> -Edouard De Oliveira- http://tedorg.free.fr/en/main.php

I finally copied base64.java (and removed some references to other
classes) to o.a.mina.util and remvoed all trace of commons codec from
the poms.

I think it was here when the asyncweb http codec was assimilated as a
mina module.

Julien